The secret of this salad success is all in the temperature of the mozzarella.
- 4 balls of mozzeralla
- 3 oranges, (I am using blood oranges as they are in season at the moment)
- A tablespoon of pomegranate seeds
- Basil, 16 leaves
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- A tablespoon roast salted almonds
- Leave the Mozzarella at room temperature for an hour before you start to prepare the dish.
- Peel the oranges using a sharp knife removing all the white pith, then slice the oranges crossways,
- Arrange the orange slices in a circle on four plates. Place the Mozzarella in the centre, tearing the mozzarella slightly in the middle.
- Season with freshly ground salt and paper and a little drizzle of olive oil.
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds over the orange slices, followed by a sprinkling of chopped roast salted almonds and scatter basil leaves on top.
- Serve with some warm focaccia or some toasted sourdough