- 400g sausages, sliced into pieces
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp mix herbs
- 500ml chicken or vegetable stock, warmed
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4-5 potatoes, sliced thinly
- 150 g cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to season
- In a large sauté pan, over high heat, drizzle some oil. Add the sausages pieces. Cook for 2-3 minutes until coloured.
- Add the onions, carrot, herbs, and garlic and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes to colour. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Add the stock, a dash of Worcester sauce and the sliced potatoes.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes or so to part cook the potatoes.
- Remove from the heat.
- In two casserole dishes or oven dishes, transfer the mixture, keeping some sliced potatoes to layer on the top.
- Pour over any of the cooking juices from the saucepan over the potatoes.
- Drizzle the cheese and season with extra pepper and cover loosely with tin foil.
- Place in the oven for 35-40 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through. Remove the foil for the last 10 minutes to allow the cheese to brown.
- Enjoy while warm and set the second oven dish to cool. Once cooled cover with cling film or transfer in the freezer until needed. Defrost overnight in the fridge and heat in the oven for 20 minutes or in the microwave until piping hot.