- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 small red onion
- 300g sweet potatoes
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 30g piece uncooked chorizo
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning (15g)
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil (15g)
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken fillets
- 50g olives (black or green, pitted or whole)
- 25g unsalted cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon honey (5g)
- salt (optional) and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Cut the red and yellow peppers in half and remove the cores and seeds, then cut into chunks. Peel the garlic.
- Cut the red onion in half and cut into thin wedges. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into chips. Place everything in a bowl with the cherry tomatoes.
- Remove the skin from the chorizo and cut into small pieces, then add to the bowl of vegetables. Season with salt (optional) and pepper and add two teaspoons of the Cajun seasoning.
- Drizzle with the oil and then mix everything together until evenly coated. Tip into a large baking tin lined with parchment paper. Rest for 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the bowl with the rest of the Cajun seasoning and massage into the chicken, picking up any remaining oil that has been left in the bowl.
- Remove the tray from the oven and using tongs, give all the vegetables a good stir. Nestle the chicken into the vegetables and then scatter over the olives, cashew nuts and honey. Bake for another 15 minutes until the chicken is piping hot with no pink meat and the juices run clear and all the vegetables are tender and slightly charred.
- Arrange the spicy chicken and cashew tray bake on plates to serve.