An indulgent starter with lots of festive flavour.
- 1 large cooking apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tbs water
- 1 tsp golden brown sugar
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 2x 150g sticks of rindless creamy goats cheese (180g)
- 1 tub of light cream cheese (180g)
- 1 tsp honey
- Some roughly chopped salted almonds
- Some dried cranberries
- Put the apple into a small pot along with the water, sugar, and cinnamon. Cook over a medium heat for 4-5 mins until the apple breaks down and gets mushy, help it along with a wooden spoon so it's relatively smooth.
- Break up the goats cheese into a bowl and add the cream cheese and honey.
- Whisk with an electric hand whisk, starting slowly at first until its light and fluffy.
- Take some nice ramekins or some old fashioned china cups, then put a layer of apple on the bottom of each cup followed by the whipped goats cheese.
- Put in the fridge until needed then scatter with the almonds and cranberries.
- Leave to come to room temperature before serving.