A luscious and creamy dessert, with a sharp tang of lemon.
For the base:
- 30g odourless coconut oil
- 100g pistachio nuts, unsalted, plus extra to serve
For the cheesecake:
- 200g cashew nuts, soaked in boiling water
- 300g silken tofu
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 50g odourless coconut oil
- 60ml lemon juice
- 2 lemons, zested
- 4 tsp lemon confit
- Place the cashews in a large bowl, pour over boiling water and set aside to soak for 1 hour or overnight.
- Meanwhile, blend the pistachio into a coarse powder. Stir in 30g of melted coconut oil to create a base. Press the mixture into the serving glasses and place in the fridge for 10-20 minutes to set.
- In the meantime, drain the cashews and transfer in the food processor.
- Add the tofu, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla paste, and lemon juice and zest.
- Blend the mixture until very smooth.
- Spoon onto the cooled biscuit base and place in the fridge to set fully for 2 hours or overnight if possible.
- Just before serving, scatter over some more lemon zest, pistachios, and some lemon confit.