A rich and indulgent cake that will wow any dinner guest.
- 300g dark chocolate, broken into pieces, or dark chocolate drops
- 150g butter
- 5 eggs
- 50g caster sugar
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160c fan/gas 4. Line the base of a 20 cm diameter spring-from/loose bottomed cake tin with a disc of baking parchment and grease the sides with butter.
2. Place the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water and allow to melt, then remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Place the eggs and sugar in a separate bowl and, using a hand-held electric beater or electric mixer, whisk for 7/10 minutes or until the mixture forms a light, pale mousse.
4. Fold the chocolate mixture into the eggs until fully combined, then pour into the prepared tin and bake for 20/22 minutes or until the cake is almost set. Allow to cool down completely in the tin before removing, then dust with cocoa powder and cut into slices to serve.