- 450g basmati rice
- 550g lean Quality Assured Lamb Mince
- 1 egg
- 50g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste (preferably Thai Gold)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 5cm fresh root ginger, peeled & finely grated
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400g tin coconut milk (preferably Thai Gold brand)
- 4 tbsp toasted flaked almonds, to serve
- 100ml Greek yoghurt, to serve
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the rice in a pan with 700ml of boiling water and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil, then cover and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes until tender. Set aside.
- Put the minced lamb into a large bowl with the egg, breadcrumbs, ½ the diced red onion, coriander, and a teaspoon of the curry paste. Peel and crush in the garlic and season with salt and pepper, then mix to combine. Shape into 16-18 even-sized balls.
- Heat a large non-stick frying or sauté pan over a medium to high heat. Add half the oil and sauté the meatballs for 10 minutes until lightly golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the rest of the oil to the frying pan over a medium heat and add the remaining red onion, ginger, red pepper, yellow pepper and the remaining five teaspoons of the curry paste. Sauté for 2-3 minutes and then add the tomatoes and continue to cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the meatballs back into the sauce. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes until the meatballs are completely tender. Just before serving, squeeze in the juice of half the lemon and arrange on plates with the rice. Spoon a small amount of yoghurt on top and scatter over the toasted flaked almonds.