Lilly Higgins' coronation chicken: Today
- 1 mango, ripe
- 1 onion, ﬁnely diced
- 1 heaped tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 200 ml natural yogurt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 15 g coriander or ﬂat leaf parsley, ﬁned chopped
- 350 g leftover cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces Seeds of 1/2 pomegranate
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- 1 heads of cos lettuce, separated
- 1 head of celery, cut into sticks
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- Peel the mango. Cut half into small dice and set aside for folding through the chicken. Puree the remaining half with a splash of water till smooth.
- Sauté the onion in a little olive oil till soft. Add the curry spices and stir to toast them brieﬂy.
- Add the tomato puree and the pureed mango. Stir till smooth then remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Once the sauce is cooled stir in the yogurt and lemon juice to create a smooth sauce. Fold in the chopped coriander, chicken and diced mango.
- Once ready to serve lay the cos leaves and celery out on a large platter and spoon the chicken onto the platter or into a separate bowl. Scatter with the nigella seeds and pomegranate arils.
- Serve immediately.