A hearty Halloweeny dish, ideal for the whole family.
- 2 breasts of chicken cubed
- 200g breadcrumbs
- Handfull pumpkin seeds
- 5 sage leaves chopped
- 750ml chicken stock
- 300g cooked ham
- 200g pumpkin peeled and diced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 onions diced
- 250ml cream
- 100ml white wine
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- Fresh parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat Oven to 180 °C
- In a deep casserole pot melt the butter and sweat the onions and garlic with half the thyme. Then add the chicken and cook without colour. Add the diced pupmkin and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the wine and allow it to simmer for 1 minute then add the flour and combine.
- Add the stock and allow the sauce to thicken by simmering for 4-5 minutes. Add the cooked ham and cream and allow the sauce to simmer until the vegetables are soft and chicken is cooked. Stir frequently.
- Add the chopped parsley to the filling and remove from the heat.
- Chop the pumpkin seeds and sage together. Add to the breadcrumbs and mix in a bowl.
- Spread the pie mix into an openable dish and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- Scatter the breadcrumb mix on top and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Brian's Top Tip: Replace the ham with bacon.