- 1 package of rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 cup of neutral flavour frying oil (vegetable, peanut, etc)
- 1 cup purple cabbage very finely sliced
- 2 carrots julienne cut or shredded
- 1 courgette julienne
- 1 red pepper very finely sliced or julienne
- 1 cucumber, de-seeded & finely sliced
- 2 Spring onions chopped
- 4 radishes thinly sliced
- fresh coriander chopped
- ½ cup roasted peanuts or cashewnuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds optional
- Korean chilli flakes (to taste)
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- ½ inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 tbsp chili sauce(sriracha)
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp honey or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp miso, peanut or almond butter
- Prepare the salad dressing first. This can be made up to a few days in advance. Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Set aside if using right away or refrigerate in a glass bottle/jar if making it in advance.
- Heat up a frying pan or wok with the frying oil. Add rice noodles to the hot oil carefully pulling apart and separating the noodles before frying, they
- will crisp up quick so do not over crowd the pan when frying. It only takes a few seconds for the noodles to fry until crispy.
- Remove from the hot oil and rest on kitchen paper towel to drain excess oil. If you wish you could use just boiled cooked noodles instead
- Prepare all vegetables and transfer to a large bowl. Combine them well and pile on top of the crispy noodles.
- Just before serving, toss with the dressing and garnish with coriander, roasted nuts, Korean chilli flakes and sesame seeds.