Warming and loaded with spices, this fish curry is hearty and delicate.
- 700g whiting, skinned, boned and cut into 2½ cm chunks
- 400ml tin of coconut milk
- 200ml fish stock or water
- 2-3 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, deseeded and chopped into 2cm slices
- Rind and juice of 1 lime
- A pinch of sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pour the coconut milk and stock or water into a heavy-based pan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce to simmer and allow to cook, stirring occasionally, until the milk thickens and reduces a little.Stir in the red curry paste and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the cucumber slices and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the fish and simmer very gently for 3-5 minutes.
- Very carefully stir in the lime juice and rind and a pinch of sugar.
- Be careful not to break up the pieces of fish.
- Taste and season with a little salt and black pepper.
Chopped fresh coriander Rice or noodles Sautéed spinach or stir-fried pak choi.