Yogurt is a great tenderiser and vehicle for flavour. This is a wonderfully fresh salad with deliciously tender chicken and piquant dressing.
- 4 Chicken fillets
- 2 tablespoons of Tandoori Paste
- 2 finely grated gloves of garlic
- 100g Irish Yogurts full fat natural yogurt
- For the dressing
- 150g Irish Yogurts full fat natural yogurt
- 1 Tsp ground cumin
- 1 Dessert spoon mango chutney
- A squeeze of lemon juice ( to taste)
For the salad
- 1 small red onion thinly slices
- A large handful of coriander leaves
- A large handful of mint leaves
- ½ iceberg lettuce
- 250g Carrots peeled and finely julienned
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- A handful of roast salted cashew nuts - roughly chopped
- Mint and Coriander leaves
For the pickled carrot:
- In a small saucepan, bring 150ml of water with the vinegar and sugar to the boil, remove from the heat and allow to cool, then add the carrot and allow to stand of an hour.
For the chicken:
- Whish the tandoori paste and the yoghurt together in a bowl and add the chicken, turn in the marinade until covered.
- Cover with cling film and allow to marinade for a minimum of 1 hour , you can leave overnight in the fridge.
- When cooking place on a parchment lined baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180c for 18-20 minutes. Allow to rest whilst preparing the dressing.
For the dressing
- Whisk the ingredients together season with lemon juice salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the salad ingredients together, dress lightly with the yoghurt dressing . Divide between four plates, slice the chicken fillets and place top drizzle with remaining dressing and garnish with cashew nuts, mint and coriander leaves.
Recipe Courtesy of Irish Yogurts Clonakilty