Prep Time: Approx. 30 mins
- 4 pre cooked confit duck legs - meat picked and shredded
- 200g warm rice vermicelli noodles - precooked in water flavoured with green tea
- 3 scallions - cut thinly at an angle
- 2 red chillies - seeds removed and sliced into thin circles
- 2 cucumbers - cut into batons or use a veg peeler and peel into ribbons
- 85g toasted peanuts
- 60g Chinese cabbage or red cabbage - finely shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks or grated
- 60g mint leaves - picked
- 60g coriander leaves - picked
For the dressing:
- 75ml soy sauce
- 30 ml rice wine vinegar
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 15 ml roasted sesame oil
- 50g caster sugar
- 15 ml water
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 15g ginger - finely grated
- 1 stick lemongrass - finely chopped
- Zest and juice of one lime
- 30g toasted white and black sesame seeds
- Crispy fried shallots/onions - shop bought
- Crispy fried wonton wrappers - if you can get them
- To make the dressing whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl and set aside until needed. This is actually better made the night before.
- Place the duck on a tray and warm slightly in a hot oven. Place all the salad ingredients in a bowl and tear in the fresh herbs.
- Add the dressing and mix together. Add the noodles and the warm duck.
- Place in your serving dish and garnish with the sesame seeds, crispy shallots and wonton crisps.
- Serve and enjoy!