- Half loaf ciabatta or other good Italian bread
- 4 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 6 vine ripened tomatoes, blanched and skinned
- 2 red and 2 yellow peppers, roasted peeled and sliced
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup basil leaves
- Half cup olives
- 8 anchovy fillets, drained and halved lengthways
- 1 tablespoon salted capers, well rinsed
- Drizzle ciabatta with a little olive oil, place on a baking tray and cook in a moderate oven until golden but not too dry. Halve tomatoes horizontally and quarter reach in half.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, peppers onion, basil, olives, anchovies and capers. Dress with enough vinaigrette to moisten. Lastly fold through toasted ciabatta.