Makes 4 x 400ml jars
For the salmon
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sherry
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Small grating of fresh ginger
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
For the dressing
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ red chilli, chopped
- 250ml coconut milk
- Juice of ½ lime
- Salt to season
For the salad
- 100g brown rice
- 2 tbsp toasted coconut flakes
- 2 tsp coriander, chopped
- Zest of 1 lime
- 40g baby spinach leaves
- 2 handfuls of rocket leaves, washed
- 120g kidney beans, drained
- 120g sweetcorn, drained
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cook the brown rice according to the package instructions. It generally takes about 40 minutes to cook. Rinse in cold water to cool. Season with salt.
- To prepare the salmon, combine the sweet chilli sauce, honey, sesame oil, sherry, soy sauce and the ginger together and mix well. Spread over the salmon. Leave for 5 minutes. Heat a frying pan with a little oil, the spring onions and sauté 3 minutes before adding the salmon and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on both sides or until the salmon is cooked.
- Take the salmon out and set aside to cool, then flake into pieces.
- To make the dressing, use a saucepan to heat a little oil, add the spring onions and sauté until cooked but not brown. Add the honey, chilli and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and simmer slowly for 6 to 7 minutes, stirring from time to time. Season with a little salt and add the lime juice. Set aside to cool.
- Stir in the coconut flakes, lime zest and coriander into the cooled rice.
- To assemble the jars in layers, spoon some dressing into each jar first, then add the flaked salmon.
- Followed by some coconut lime rice, then baby spinach leaves and rocket leaves, followed by the kidney beans and the sweetcorn and finish by adding the tomato halves on top.
- Place the lids on the jars securely.