BBQ season is upon us!
Prep time: 20 mins
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha chili sauce
- 3 or 4 drops Tabasco sauce
- 3 spring onions finely chopped
- 65g mayonnaise
- 8 high meat content frankfurter sausages - allowing 2 per person
- 8 hot dog buns, split & toasted
- 80g dill pickle relish, shop bought relish is perfect
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 8 slices smoked streaky bacon, cooked, cooled and finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely sliced and fried until caramelised
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
- Mix the sriracha, Tabasco, scallions and mayo in a bowl. Season and refrigerate until needed. Add about half an inch of water to a frying pan.
- Turn the heat on high, and heat the pan until the water starts to rapidly boil. Turn the heat down to a rolling boil and add the hot dogs.
- Cover with a lid and allow the sausages to steam. After a couple of minutes the water should have evaporated from the pan. Carefully remove the lid and add a little oil.
- Roll the sausages in the oil to get them browned on all sides, be careful because of the water the sausages could splash and spit a little.
- Once browned all over remove and serve in toasted buns with sriracha mayo, relish, onion and bacon crumb.
- The toppings for hot dogs are so varied but I really like this way.