- Use butterflied chicken filet if preferred.
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. chilli powder
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 green chilli or jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 3 tbsp. fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp. lime juice zest
- 8 chicken tighs, boneless and scored
- 2 red pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 2-4 soft tortillas, warmed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Chopped coriander
- Salt and pepper
- First, prepare the spice mix. In a small bowl, combine the smoked paprika, ground coriander, ground cumin, dried oregano, salt and chilli powder. Stir and set aside.
- Next, prepare the salsa. in a small bowl, place the tomato, red onion, chilli, fresh coriander, a pinch of the spice mix and 2 tbsp. lime juice. Stir to combine. Set aside covered until needed.
- Sprinkle the chicken thighs with some of the spice mix. Preheat a large sauté pan and add the chicken pieces. Cook flipping once for 5-8 minutes until it cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and set aside on a board for a minute to let the juices settle.
- In the meantime, in a second pan, over high heat, drizzle some oil and add the peppers and onions, garlic.
- Sauté for 2 minutes until just softened, remove from the heat and season with some spice mix and extra salt and pepper if needed.
- Warm the tortillas. Slice chicken thighs thinly and serve in warm tortillas with the vegetables, some avocado slices if using, dollop of salsa, drizzle of lime.
- Enjoy immediately with extra dip such as sour cream, jalapenos, grated cheese or other if desired.