A fresh and delicious salad, perfect for lunch or a light dinner.
For the dressing
- Juice of 4 limes
- 80g dried apricots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons of sumac
- Large pinch of chilli flakes
- 50ml of olive oil
For the chicken
- 2 heaped tablespoon of Clonakilty full fat natural yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of the dressing
- 4 chicken breasts
For the carrots
- 1 kg of carrots, peeled and cut into bite sized chunks
- A dash of olive oil
- A teaspoon of maple syrup
- Salt and pepper
For the salad
- 250g Fregola
- A handful of dried apricots finely sliced
- Remainder of the dressing
- 2 Large handfuls of spinach finely sliced
- A bunch of mint finely sliced
- Handful of fennel or dill finely chopped
- A handful of almonds roasted almonds – roughly chopped
- Blitz the dressing ingredients together.
- Marinate the chicken in the two heaped tablespoon of yoghurt and one tablespoon of the dressing and leave for about an hour in the fridge.
- Pre heat the oven to 170. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on a roasting tray lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Take out of the oven and leave to rest.
- Increase the oven temperature to 200 , toss the carrots in olive oil and maple syrup , season with salt and pepper, turn onto a lined baking tray and roast for 20-30 minutes until cooked but still having a little bite. Transfer to a large bowl and add the remainder of the dressing.
- Bring water and a pinch of salt to the boil in a large pot and add the fregola and cook until al dente about six minutes, then strain the fregola and run under cold water for a minute or two and leave to drain.
- Add the drained fregola to the carrots and dressing, add finely chopped spinach, mint and dill or fennel (reserving some herbs to garnish).
- Divide the fregola between 4 plates, place a chicken breast on top and garnish with mint, dill or fennel and roast almonds.