A taste of summer in a bowl!
Serves approx 4 tapas style or two as a main course
- 16-20 large, uncooked, peeled shrimp
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 225ml extra virgin olive oil plus extra fro the bread
- 8 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp dry sherry
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Crusty bread, cut into thick slices
- Brush the bread with a little of the olive oil and cook on a griddle pan or frying pan until golden on each side. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Dry the shrimp with kitchen paper. Place on a plate and season with the salt and pepper. Dust with smoked paprika and leave at room temperature for a couple of minutes.
- Heat a pan on low heat and add the olive oil. Let the oil heat up then add the garlic and chilli flakes. Cook until the garlic just starts to soften.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and turn up the heat slightly. Cook, turning once, for about 6-8 minutes.
- Once the shrimp are almost cooked add the sherry and allow to reduce slightly. Then add the lemon zest and almost all the parsley. Coat the shrimp in the ingredients and turn off the heat.
- Place the shrimp into a serving dish, pour over the oil mixture from the pan and sprinkle with the remaining parsley. Serve with the crusty bread and use it to mop up the beautiful cooking liquid.