This crisp and sweet mini tarts from Shane Smith are just the thing for Easter weekend.
- 2 sheets of filo pastry
- 100g melted butter
- 170g cream cheese
- 40g icing sugar
- zezt 1/2 lime
- 150ml whipped cream
- dash vanilla
- 50g fresh raspberries
- 30g chopped white chocolate
- Fresh raspberries
- Chopped chocolate
- Mini eggs for Easter
- Preheat your oven to 200C/180C fan/ Gas 6/ 400F. Cut each filo sheet into 8 x 4.5" squares, this will give you 16 squares in total.
- Using the melted butter, brush a square of filo and place another filo square on top. Brush this with butter too. Place these buttered squares into a muffin tin cup. Repeat the process until you have 8 filled.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the tins and cool on a wire rack.
- For the filling, whip the cream and keep chilled until needed. In a mixing bowl, simply add the cream cheese, icing sugar, lime zest, vanilla and mix until smooth.
- To this add the raspberries and chocolate and mix gently to break up the raspberries but don't over mix to create a puree from the fruit.
- Finally fold in the whipped cream. This can be served straight away or kept chilled until needed.
- To assemble, pop the filo baskets onto your serving plates and spoon in the raspberry cream cheese filling. Top with grated chocolate and fresh berries or for Easter, top with some mini chocolate eggs. Enjoy!