Prep time: Approx 30 - 45 mins
- 500g warm baked potato - riced, pushed through a sieve
- 90g sieved potato flour
- 1 whole egg - beaten
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 25g finely grated hard Irish sheep cheese
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt & pepper
- 500g pre-blanched gnocchi
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to finish
- 2 cloves garlic - finely sliced
- 145g sugar snap peas - cut into strips
- 1 bunch asparagus - sliced
- 8 heads sprouting broccoli - cut into bite sized pieces
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 35g hard Irish sheep cheese - grated
- Fresh basil to finish
- Salt & pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl whilst the potato is still warm
- Roll into evenly shaped logs. Cut into 1in pieces. Place onto a tray dusted with extra potato flour.
- Bring a large pot of seasoned water to the boil. In batches, cook the gnocchi in the boiling water. They are cooked when they float to the top. Remove and place on a lightly oil tray until needed.
- In a large pan heat the olive oil and butter until just starting to foam. Add the gnocchi and cook with a little colour. Add the tomatoes and cook until they just start to blister.
- Add the garlic and cook for 20 seconds, make sure it doesn't burn. Add the spring vegetables to the pan and warm through. Season with salt and pepper. Add about half the grated cheese and coat the mix.
- place into your serving bowls and sprinkle with the remaking cheese. Drizzle with some olive oil, tear on the basil leaves and serve.