Eunice Power's frittata of butternut squash, spinach and gorgonzola.
- Butternut squash, peeled and cut in cubes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 50g Parmesan
- 4 eggs
- A large handful of spinach, shredded
- 150g gorgonzola
- A clove of garlic
- A large knob of butter, a dash of olive oil
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Toss the diced butternut squash in olive oil and season with salt and pepper, place on a baking tray and roast for about 25 minutes. When cooked, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Turn on the grill
- Finely grate the parmesan
- Break the eggs into a bowl and lightly mix them, add the spinach, half the parmesan, Gorgonzola and roast squash and season.
- Heat the grill
- Melt the butter and olive in a shallow non stick 24cm frying pan.
- When the butter starts to froth, add the garlic and fry for a minute then pour in the egg mixture and sprinkle the remainder parmesan on top.
- Let it cook over a relatively low temperature until the bottom has formed a golden crust. The centre will probably still be wobbly. Lift the pan from the heat and put it under the grill until the eggs have set and the top is lightly coloured.
- Turn out onto a plate and cut into wedges like a cake
Top tip: Combine eggs with other ingredients in a bowl, not the pan – don't stir the fritata