- 1 pkt puff pastry (375g)
- 1 egg beaten with a little milk
- 2 tbs your favourite relish or chutney
- 2 x 150g sticks of goats cheese with no rind
- A few picked leaves of fresh thyme
- Set your oven to 185 degrees.
- Unfurl your pastry so widest part is facing you. Then put the parchment from the packet on a flat roasting tray .
- Working quickly so the pastry stays chilled, eggwash the edge in a 3 cm band.
- Spread the chutney in a line on the bottom 1/3 of the pastry without touching the eggwash .
- Lay the goat's cheese on top of the chutney then fleck the thyme on top.
- Bring the top half of the pastry over the cheese to meet the bottom half then press around the edge of the pastry so it all comes together then seal with a fork.
- Deftly transfer the pie onto the parchment then brush with the eggwash evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until crisp and golden.