An easy and delicious treat to sweeten your week.
Serves: 4 individual puddings
Total time 1hr approx including resting
- 100g 70% dark chocolate pieces
- 100g butter - cut into cubes
- 55g melted butter for greasing
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 55g brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 30g sifted gluten free flour - sieved
- 2 tbsp nutty peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 220oC/ Gas 6
- Grease your 4 moulds heavily with the melted butter. Place the chocolate, butter and vanilla into a heatproof bowl and then place over a pot of barely simmering water.
- Make sure the bowl is not touching the water. Allow the ingredients to melt slowly. It will take about 5-6 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs, egg yolk and sugar until pale and very thick. Fold into the chocolate mixture until completely one colour and smooth. Whisk in your gluten free flour.
- Divide the batter between the prepared moulds. Push 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter into each mould until the chocolate batter covers it. Place the moulds on a baking tray. Rest the mix in the fridge for 30 minutes..
- Remove from the fridge and bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes exactly. Remove from the oven and rest for 2 minutes before turning out the puddings onto individual plates.
- You can serve these in ovenproof cups to save the drama of trying to turn them out onto a plate. Once you start to eat them you will see your soft peanut butter center.
- Serve immediately with whipped cream or some good quality vanilla ice cream.