Paul Flynn's steamed hake, peppered cabbage, soy, ginger and garlic.
- 1 small savoy cabbage, trimmed , shredded and washed
- 1 small cauliflower, trimmed and very finely sliced
- 500g skinless hake
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger, peeled and shredded
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- 60 mls dark soy sauce
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- A drizzle of honey
- 2 tbs toasted sesame oil
- 200 mls water
- Salt and black pepper
- Layer the cabbage, cauliflower and hake on a large frying pan or shallow pot.
- Scatter the ginger and garlic over the trout then drizzle over the soy, fish sauce, honey and sesame oil.
- Add the water and season using just a little salt and lots of black pepper.
- Cover the pan tightly then cook on the hob on the highest heat for 10 -12 minutes.
- Exactly how long it takes will entirely depend on the thickness of the fish. Don't be tempted to peek.
- Use a knife to check if the fish is cooked after ten minutes.
- The sauce should be nearly all absorbed into the vegetables.
- If you find that your fish isn't cooked and your pan is dry just add a little more water and continue to cook for another minute or two.