Chef Mary Roche has worked in the Hospitality Sector for 29 years trained as a Chef in Cert House Amiens street Dublin, creating dishes for Members & Staff of Dáil Eiréann.
Each serving contains approximately 510 kcal.
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 shallots
- 2 scallions
- 1 small lemon
- 5g fresh coriander
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts (15g)
- 100g wholegrain brown rice
- 350ml chicken stock (from a cube – reduced sodium)
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil (15g)
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken fillets
- salt (optional) and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Trim and peel the garlic, then crush to a paste. Cut the shallots in half, then peel and finely chop. Trim and finely chop the scallions.
- Cut the lemon into thin slices., discarding any pips. Strip the leaves from the coriander and finely chop. Break or cut the broccoli into even-sized florets – you'll need 350g in total.
- Place the pine nuts in a small baking sheet and roast for 5 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Put the rice into a casserole dish with a lid and add the garlic and shallots. Stir in the stock and cover with a layer of the lemon slices. Drizzle over the rapeseed oil and then cover with a lid and bake for 15 minutes on the middle shelf of the oven.
- Remove from the oven and arrange the chicken breasts on top. Season lightly with salt (optional) and freshly ground black pepper, then return to the oven with the lid back on for 25 minutes. Scatter over the scallions and coriander and then cook for a final 5 minutes or until all of the stock is completely absorbed and the chicken is tender. Test the chicken with a small sharp knife to make sure that it is cooked through with no pink juices.
- About 5 minutes before the rice is ready, put the broccoli on to steam for 3-4 minutes until just tender.
- Scatter the toasted pine nuts over the oven baked lemon chicken with rice and divide between plates. Add the broccoli and garnish with the baked lemon slices to serve.