A tasty treat for St. Valentine's Day.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 camembert (250g)
- Few sprigs of Thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 Cloves Garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp white wine -optional
- 1 egg wash
- Ground black Pepper
- 2 tbsp. mixed seeds
- Chutney (to serve)
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Unroll the puff pastry on a work surface. Place the camembert over and draw a square around giving about 1-2 cm extra all around. Remove the square of puff pastry and keep aside for a moment.
- With the leftover of puff pastry, brush with egg wash and cut long puff pastry sticks of about 6cm by 3mm wide. Twist them and place on a baking tray. Sprinkle with mixed seeds and place in the oven for 12-15 minutes until cooked through. Remove from the oven and eep aside.
- In the meantime, Line the ramequin or a fitted ceramic dish with 2 layers of baking parchment. Place the square of puff pastry and add the camembert.
- Cut 4 – 5 deep cuts into the cheese and insert in the garlic and the thyme or rosemary. and
- Fold the edges of the puff pastry over the cheese and brush with egg wash. Pinch to create a pattern. Drizzle over the wine if using and a few mixed seeds. Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Brush the edges of the puff pastry with egg wash and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with the puff pastry sticks and some chutney.