Catherine Celebrates Valentine's airs RTE One on Monday 8th February at 7.30pm
Makes 2 -3
For the raspberry lime syrup
- 130g raspberries, hulled and chopped in quarters
- 120g sugar
- 150ml water
- Sparkling or tonic water, to top up (about 500ml or to taste)
- ½ lime, chopped into wedges
- Some fresh raspberries to decorate
- 2 slices of lime, to decorate
- Mint ice cubes
- 2 x flute glasses
- For the mint ice cubes, lay fresh mint leaves in an ice cube tray, top with water and freeze.
- To prepare the syrup, place the raspberries, sugar and water into a saucepan over a high heat, bring to the boil and then turn the heat on low and leave to simmer for 8 minutes. Stirring from time to time.
- Leave to cool completely, then sieve the syrup into a serving carafe or jug. (The raspberry pulp can be set aside and used for baking later). Add the chopped lime, fresh raspberries and mint ice cubes followed by the sparkling or tonic water.
- Serve in flute glasses, decorated with lime slices