Each serving contains approximately 500 kcal.
- 2 onions
- 250g potatoes
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cucumber
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil (15g)
- knob of butter (5g)
- 6 eggs
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 50g mixed salad leaves
- salt (optional) freshly ground black pepper
- Peel the onions, then cut in half and thinly slice. Cut the potatoes into very thin slices and then dry well in a clean tea towel. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Cut the cucumber in half and then cut into half-moon shapes.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the oil and butter and then tip in the onions and sauté for about 5 minutes until softened but not coloured.
- Add the potatoes and season with a little salt (optional) and plenty of pepper. Reduce the heat and cover with a lid, then cook gently for 10-15 minutes until almost tender. Turn them over once or twice and shake the pan occasionally to ensure they cook evenly.
- Meanwhile, break the eggs into a bowl and season lightly with salt (optional) and pepper to taste. Beat lightly with a fork until just combine.
- Fold the spinach into the onion and potato mixture, stirring until wilted. Spread out the vegetables evenly in the pan and then pour over the whisked eggs. Reduce the heat to its lowest setting. Cook for 15-20 minutes until there is virtually no raw egg left on top of the tortilla. Invert on to a flat plate.
- Slide the tortilla back into the pan and cook for another 5 minutes (or you can do this under the grill if you prefer). Turn off the heat and set aside for 5 minutes to finish cooking. It should be cooked through but still moist in the middle.
- To serve warm or cold, turn the tortilla onto a chopping board and cut into wedges. Arrange on plates with the salad leaves, cherry tomatoes and cucumber to serve.