Dinner for 2 and then lunch for 2 with no wrap.
Dinner for 2 and then lunch for 2 with no wrap. Each serving contains approximately 500 kcal plus 2 extra portions for a double lunch.
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- 2 red onions
- 160g baby spinach leaves
- 900g cooked chicken pieces (leftover or from a Rotisserie chicken – you will need 800g in total of meat)
- 120ml reduced sodium soy sauce
- 120ml rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey (30g)
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 90ml water
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 wholemeal wraps
- 40g Cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons shop-bought salsa (60g)
- salt (optional) and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Cut the red onions in half and peel, then thinly slice. Arrange the spinach leaves on 4 plates and scatter half of the cherry tomatoes and red onion on top. Set aside until needed.
- On a clean chopping board, chop or shred the chicken, discarding any skin and bones - you need 800g in total. Set aside until needed.
- To make the sauce, place the soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, chilli powder and water into a pan. Trim the garlic and peel, then crush into the sauce and stir until evenly combined. Bring to a simmer then cook for about 5 minutes until well reduced and thickened.
- Stir the chicken into the sauce mixture and place on a low to medium heat. Warm gently for 2-3 minutes until the chicken is heated through and the sauce has nicely glazed the chicken.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and cook the wraps for about 10 seconds on each side. Arrange on a chopping board.
- Add a quarter of the chicken mixture down the middle of each warmed wrap, then finely grate over 10g of cheese on to each one. Add 50g of the cherry tomatoes and half of the remaining red onion. Season lightly with salt (optional) and freshly ground black pepper. Fold in the ends to enclose the filling then wrap up tightly into a burrito shape.
- Cut the chicken burrito into halves and arrange on plates with the spinach salad and the salsa in a small dipping pot to serve (keep the 2 salads with the rest of the chicken mixture and toppings for a lunch option).