Mags Roche's treacle tart with citrus mascarpone cream.
Pastry for base
- 250g soft butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 250g plain flour
- 190g bran flakes
- Pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 225g butter
- 675g golden syrup
- 190g brioche bread crumbs
- 75ml double cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the base:
- Line tart base and bake at 170 for 20-25minutes.
For the rest:
- Put butter in a pan, and put on the heat until it start to foam and turn brown.
- Whisk in golden syrup to stop the butter from cookin.
- Mix the brioche crumbs to the butter a syrup mixture.
- Whisk in the cream, whole eggs and egg yolk and salt. Leave to cool for 10-15mins.
- Pour into precooked tart case and place into the oven for 25mins at 160 degrees.
- Reduce the oven to 140 and cook for another 30minutes.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve with mascarpone.
- Add orange set and a little juice to mascarpone cream.