Each serving contains approximately 510 kcal.
- 80g wholewheat penne pasta
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 courgette
- 60g sun-dried tomatoes, well drained
- 5g fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 30g raw chorizo
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken fillets
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- Salt (optional) and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil with a pinch of salt (optional). Add the penne pasta and cook for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Cut the yellow pepper in half and remove the seeds and core, then dice. Trim the courgette and cut into slices. Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into strips. Finely chop 5g of parsley leaves.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Cut the chorizo into chunks, discarding any skin. Add to the heated pan (you do not need any oil as a certain amount will come out of the chorizo). Cook for 1 minute or until it starts to sizzle.
- On a clean chopping board, cut the chicken fillets into strips. Add the chicken to the sizzling chorizo, tossing to coat. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the pepper and courgette and sauté for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Scatter over the sun-dried tomatoes and pour in the chopped tomatoes, stirring to combine. Simmer for a few minutes to slightly reduce and until piping hot with no pink meat and the juices run clear.
- Drain the pasta into a colander in the sink. Fold the pasta into the chicken and chorizo mixture and season with pepper. Divide between pasta bowls and scatter over the parsley to serve.