- 6 tbs breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbs finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbs butter
- 2 shallots, peeled, halved and finely sliced
- 1 x 2cm piece of ginger, peeled, sliced and shredded
- Juice of 4 clementines
- 1 kg mussels, washed and de-bearded
- Set the oven to 185 degrees.
- Put the breadcrumbs and garlic onto a small roasting tray and mix with the olive oil, salt and pepper. You need just enough oil to moisten the breadcrumbs.
- Cook in the oven for 10 - 12 minutes turning once or twice until golden and crunchy.
- Allow to cool then mix with the parsley.
- Put the butter, shallots and ginger into a large pot and cook gently for 2 minutes.
- Add the clementine juice and the mussels, cover tightly and cook over a high heat, stirring once for 3-4 minutes until all the mussels open, this will all depend on the size of your mussels.
- Divide into warm bowls then scatter the parsley breadcrumbs on top.