Each serving contains 500 kcal.
- 1 shallot
- 300g tenderstem broccoli
- 100g wholewheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil (15g)
- 50g smoked bacon lardons
- 1 garlic clove
- 100g diced cooked chicken pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan shavings (10g)
- salt (optional) and freshly ground black pepper
- Peel and finely chop the shallot. Trim and cut the tenderstem broccoli into small pieces. Break the egg into a bowl and season with a little salt (optional) and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling water with a pinch of salt (optional) for 10-12 minutes or according to packet instructions.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and sauté the shallot and bacon for 3-4 minutes until sizzling and lightly golden. Stir in the chicken and crush in the garlic. Season with a little salt (optional) and plenty of pepper and add the thyme leaves. Sauté for 1-2 minutes until sealed.
- Add the broccoli to the pan and continue to sauté for another 2 minutes until just tender, adding one tablespoon of water if necessary, so that it steam-fries.
- Drain the spaghetti and return to the pan but keep off the heat and reserve a small cupful of the cooking water, then gently fold in the chicken and broccoli mixture with the egg and enough of the cooking water to make a smooth sauce. The heat of the pan and ingredients will be enough to cook the egg enough so that they thicken but don't scramble.
- Divide evenly between two wide rimmed pasta bowls and garnish with the Parmesan shavings to serve.