Vicki Sherry has been a chef for 23 years. Working firstly in Dublin she is now based in Clonakilty West Cork working at Clonakilty Park Hotel for 14 years where she is senior Chef de Partie. Each serving contains approximately 500 kcal.
- 2 red peppers
- 1 small sweet potato (you need 120g)
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil (15g)
- 4 eggs (at room temperature)
- 60g wholemeal cous cous
- ½ ripe avocado
- 25g rocket
- 1 teaspoon mixed seeds (5g)
- salt (optional) and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Place the red peppers in a small baking tin and roast for 35-40 minutes until the skin is shrivelled and blistered.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and put in a large bowl, then cover with clingfilm and leave to cool. This will make it much easier to peel off the skins.
- Once the peppers are cool, remove the skin, cores and seeds and slice the flesh. Peel the sweet potato and cut into cubes – you'll need 120g. Place in a small baking tin and drizzle over the oil.
- Season lightly with salt (optional) and freshly ground black pepper and roast for about 15 minutes until cooked through and tender.
- Place the eggs in a pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 6 minutes.
- As soon as the eggs are cooked drain off the hot water and let the cold tap run over them for about 1 minute, then leave in a bowl of cold water for 2 minutes until they are cool enough to handle. Crack the shells all over and then peel the shells off. Cut in half.
- Place the cous cous in a bowl and pour over 120ml of boiling water. Cover with a plate and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Peel the avocado and remove the stone, then slice the flesh.
- Fluff up the cous cous with a fork and divide into bowls. Add the roasted sweet potato, peppers, rocket and egg halves. Scatter over the mixed seeds to garnish.