These are quick and easy to prepare and cook, perfect for cold evenings!
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 potato, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 250g smoked haddock, skin removed and cut into cubes (if possible, use naturally smoked haddock)
- 200g cod, cut into cubes
- 100ml white wine
- 200ml cream
- 100g mature cheddar, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Spinach leaves and bread crouton to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Heat a saucepan pan over a medium heat and drizzle with some olive oil.
- Add the onions, leeks, and diced potato and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the haddock and cod pieces and pour the white wine and the cream to the pan.
- Bring to the boil and reduce the heat to simmer a further 2-3 minutes or so. Check the seasoning.
- Remove the pan from the heat and divide the mixture between 4 ramekins or pour in a large ceramic dish.
- Sprinkle with some cheddar cheese and place in the oven for 5-8 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and slightly golden.
- Serve immediately with some spinach leaves and some crusty bread to mop the delicious sauce.