Dinner for 2 and then lunch for 2 with no wrap. Each serving contains approximately 545 kcal plus 2 extra portions for a double lunch.
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken fillets
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika (sweet or smoked)
- 2 small red onions
- 2 red peppers
- 2 yellow peppers
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil (30g)
- 2 wholemeal wraps
- 4 tablespoons natural yoghurt (60g)
- 10g fresh coriander leaves
- salt (optional) and freshly ground black pepper
- side salad, to serve (see separate recipe)
- Using a scissors or knife the chicken fillets into strips and put in a bowl. Peel the garlic clove and crush to a paste. Cut the lime in half and squeeze onto the chicken.
- Add the Chinese five-spice, cumin, chilli flakes and paprika. Stir in the garlic and season lightly with salt (optional) and pepper, stirring with tongs until evenly covered in the mixture.
- Trim the red onions and cut in half, then peel and cut into thin slices. Cut the red and yellow peppers in half and remove the seeds and core, then cut into slices.
- Heat a frying pan or a wok over a medium heat. Add the rapeseed oil. Tip in the peppers and onions and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until just tender but still with a little bite.
- Add the marinated chicken and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is piping hot with no pink meat and the juices run clear. Transfer to a bowl and keep warm.
- Wipe out the frying pan and return to a medium heat when ready to serve. Heat two of the wholemeal wraps for each serving of two people about 10 seconds on each side.
- Arrange the wraps on plates and divide the chicken and vegetable mixture between them (reserve half in a bowl to use for another time and once cold cover with clingfilm and store in the fridge for up to 3 days).
- Add a tablespoon of yoghurt to each wrap and scatter over some coriander leaves. Arrange on plates with small bowls of side salads (see separate recipe) to serve.