- 2 eggs
- 2 slices wholemeal bread
- 1 teaspoon butter (5g)
- Salt (optional) and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a pan of water to the boil over a medium heat. Gently lower in the eggs into the water and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread and spread with the butter, then cut into soldiers.
- Carefully lift the eggs out with a spoon or tongs if you have one and put into eggcups. Crack off the tops and season lightly with a little salt (optional) and pepper to taste.
- Put on a plate with the toast soldiers alongside to serve.