Each serving contains approximately 530 kcal.
- 1 large head broccoli (400g)
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons rapeseed oil (10g)
- 80g wholewheat penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto (shop-bought – 15g)
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese (30g)
- 2 x 120g cooked salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs (10g)
- salt (optional) and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Cut the broccoli into small bite-sized florets – you'll need 300g in total. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Place the pasta in a pan of boiling water with a pinch of salt (optional) and cook for 10-12 minutes until just tender. Add the broccoli for the last 2 minutes of cooking time and blanch until almost but not quite tender.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli in a colander and reserve a cupful of the cooking liquid. Place the pasta and broccoli in a large bowl and fold in the pesto and cream cheese, adding two to three tablespoons of the cooking water to make a smooth light sauce that just binds everything together.
- Flake the cooked salmon and add to the pasta mixture with the tomatoes. Put in a small baking dish and sprinkle the panko breadcrumbs on top, then drizzle over the oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the top is golden and crunchy.
- Cut the basil pesto salmon bake into portions and arrange on plates to serve.