- 4 ozs (110g) self-raising flour
- 3 ozs (75g) caster sugar
- 3 ozs (75g) chilled butter, diced
- 1 oz (25g) flaked almonds
- 4 ozs (110g) softened butter
- 4 ozs (110g) soft brown sugar
- Half teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 ozs (175g) self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 x 400g jar of Mincemeat
- Icing sugar for dusting over the top
- 8 1/2 inch (21.5cm) spring form tin
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/regulo 4
- Butter the tin with melted butter.
- Next make the crumble topping. Put the flour and castor sugar into a bowl. Rub in the diced butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the almonds. Keep aside.
- To make the cake: Cream the soft butter in a bowl. Add the soft brown sugar and continue to beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one by one, add the vanilla extract and stir in the sifted flour and milk.
- Spoon the mixture into the greased tin. Spread the mincemeat over the batter. Sprinkle the crumble over the mincemeat.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove the sides and dredge the cake with icing sugar.
- Serve warm with softly whipped cream.
Note: I like to add a little brandy or whiskey and some icing sugar into the whipped cream for serving with the mincemeat crumble cake.