Influenced by the Negroni, this mocktail showcases the botanicals of gin and the citrus bitters bringing the Campari style element.
If your taste is for a more bitter cocktail, I would suggest adding some of the Italian Sanbitter which will also give that glorious pale pink shade.
Makes 1 mocktail (non-alcoholic cocktail)
For the ice cubes
- 20 cranberries
- 1 orange, zest only
- 300ml cold water
- 120ml white grape juice (or non-alcoholic white wine)
- 1 tsp pink peppercorns
- 1 tsp juniper berries, gently crushed
- ½ lime, zest only
- Sprig of lemon balm
- 10 drops Marmalade Citrus Bitters
- Long rosemary sprig, to decorate
- For the ice cubes, arrange the ingredients into the segments of an ice cube container and pour in the water. Freeze overnight.
- For the cocktail, firstly chill the serving glass. Then pour the grape juice into a saucepan, add the pink peppercorns, juniper berries, lime zest and a sprig of lemon balm. Bring to a bare simmer, then remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Pour all the juice mix into a tall glass, add the Marmalade Citrus Bitters and ice and stir gently with a stirrer or a long spoon – for no more than 15 seconds.
- Then, using a fine sieve, strain the contents into the chilled cocktail glass. Add three or four cranberry orange ice cubes, finish with a rosemary sprig and serve immediately.