Watch Donal's Family Food in Minutes on RTÉ One, Wednesdays at 8:30pm.
Takes 1 hour 10 minutes
- 500g cherry tomatoes
- 1 small aubergine, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 100ml olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 x 500g piece cod or another firm white fish fillets
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Crusty bread and green leaves to serve
- Heat the oven to 180c. Put the cherry tomatoes, aubergine, pepper and garlic in a roasting tin, toss with the oil and thyme then season well.
- Roast for 45-50 minutes, turning occasionally. Season the fish and nestle into the roasted veg and cook for another 12-15 minutes until just cooked.
- Drizzle the mixed leaves with the extra virgin olive oil. Serve the tray straight to the table with lots of crusty bread to mop up the juices.