Salted caramel chocolate Swiss roll
Updated / Friday, 4 Dec 2020 13:00
- 65g plain flour, sifted
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 135g sugar
- ½ tsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp oil
- 250g organic Greek style salted caramel yogurt
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until pale in colour and foamy. Add the oil and mix well, before adding the instant coffee and gradually add the flour mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking tray and spread evenly into the corners using the back of the spatula.
- Pour the mixture into a lined baking tray and bake for about 12-15 minutes at 180°C until cooked.
- Transfer the cake onto a fresh sheet of parchment paper and roll while still warm. Allow to cool completely.
- Unroll the cake and spread the yogurt. Gently roll the cake back up and cool in the fridge for least 1 hour before serving.
- Dust the roll with cocoa powder and a garnish of your choice ie nuts, chocolate curls or pipe it with cream swirls.