A tasty treat for Christmas.
- 300g Digestive biscuits
- 100g butter (melted)
- 400g soft cream cheese
- 300g organic Greek style natural yogurt
- 50g light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 3 large eggs (beaten)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 140g honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 200g mixed dried fruit
- 180g organic Greek style natural yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50ml cold water
- Line & grease a 24cm spring release round baking tin, preheat the oven to 160°C and soak the mixed dried fruit in boiling water.
- Mix melted butter with crushed digestive biscuits and pack in to the bottom of the baking tin. Refrigerate for 30mins.
- Beat together the cream cheese, sugar and cornflour before mixing in the eggs, yogurt and vanilla extract. Stir in the honey, drained dried fruit mix, nutmeg and cinnamon. Pour the mix into the baking tin.
- For baking: securely wrap the bottom of the tin with foil; place the tin in a large roasting pan and pour hot water into the pan to reach halfway up the cake tin. Bake for 35mins.
- For the topping, mix the yogurt, vanilla extract and cold water. Pour on top of the cheesecake and bake for a further 15mins at 180°c.
- Once cooked, allow to cool and chill overnight.
Recipe courtesy of Glenisk.