Martin Shanahan's Cajun seasoned whiting: Today
- 4 Whiting fillets, about 175g each, skin on and boned
- 4 teasp cajun seasoning
- 1 tablesp olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 400g fresh baby spinach leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4, 180ºC (350ºF).
- Place the cajun seasoning on a flat plate and use to dust the whiting fillets, shaking off any excess.
- Heat an ovenproof frying pan. Add the olive oil and cook fish, skin side down for 1 minute, then turn over and cook for another minute.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and roast for 4-6 minutes. The exact time will depend on the thickness of the fillets. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large pan and then add the spinach.
- Cook until it wilts down, season to taste.
- Arrange the spinach on warmed plates and top each one with a piece of whiting.
- Serve with a lemon wedge and crusty bread.