- 150g oats
- 350-400ml milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 45ml/3 tablespoons of honey
- 30g chopped or flaked almonds
- Fresh berry compote, to serve
For Berry Compote:
- 150g raspberries
- 150g blueberries
- 150g strawberries
- Zest & Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Put the oatlets into a lidded container with the chia seeds and add 350ml of milk.
- Stir well, cover and refrigerate overnight. In the morning add the rest of the milk if it's too thick.
- Before serving, fold in the almonds and serve with the berry compote.
Method for Berry Compote
- Trim the strawberries and cut into small pieces. In a small pot, combine all the ingredients and mix well. Quickly bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool, then refrigerate for an hour or overnight.
- Serve with the Overnight Oats in the morning.
*Frozen fruit can also be used to make the compote.
Recipe courtesy of Flahavan's and Boyne Valley Honey