Watch Donal's Family Food in Minutes on RTÉ One, Wednesdays at 8.30pm.
Takes 25 minute
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g cured chorizo, sliced
- 25g butter
- 4 large free range eggs, beaten
- 4 flour tortillas
- 20 jalapenos slices
- 100g mature cheddar, grated
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Small handful fresh coriander leaves
- Hot sauce, to serve
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat one tablespoon of the oil along with the chorizo and toss in the pan for 1-2 minutes until they pick up a little colour, set aside on a plate.
- Remove a little of the oil then add the butter to the pan, once the butter has melted add the eggs. Season. Cook gently, folding and stirring, until just set. This will only take a minute, or less. Scoop out of the pan and set aside. Wipe the pan clean.
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium, high heat. Place a tortilla on, scatter ¼ of the cheese over the entire tortilla. Then over one side of the tortilla scatter the jalapenos, spring onion, cooked chorizo and egg along with a ¼ of the chorizo, eggs and cheese onto one half of the tortilla, folding the other half on top. Toast for a minute on each side until golden and the cheese has melted. Repeat with the remaining three tortillas.
- To serve, sprinkle with coriander and a drizzle of hot sauce.