Watch Donal's Family Food in Minutes on RTÉ One, Wednesdays at 8.30pm.
Takes 30 minutes
- 250g baby new potatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 6 rashers streaky bacon, thinly sliced
- 50g butter
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 150ml white wine
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 3 dashes hot sauce, or to taste
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
- 100ml double cream
- 1 x 400g tin white beans, drained and rinsed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Put the potatoes in a pan of cold salted water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 12-15 minutes until just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a sauté pan over a medium high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Fry the chicken with the bacon over for 3–4 minutes on each side until just cooked through and the bacon crisping up.
- Add the butter and garlic directly to the pan and cook for an additional minute. Once melted, add the wine and reduce a little.
- Stir through the mustard, honey, hot sauce, capers, cream, reduce this for about a minute or two until the cooked potatoes and beans get stirred through.
- Stir and let it reduce to a thickened sauce, about 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper before scattering with the parsley. Toss together and serve immediately.