Watch Donal's Family Food in Minutes on RTÉ One, Wednesdays at 8.30pm.
Takes 15 minutes
- 300g tagliatelle
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Knob of unsalted butter
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thick strips
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 250ml double cream
- 100g frozen peas
- Zest 1 lemon
- 50g semi-dried cherry tomatoes
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- A generous pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to the boil. Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat and, when foaming, fry the chicken for about 4–6 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Drain and return to the saucepan to keep warm. Add the garlic to the pan and sauté for a minute.
- Reduce the heat a little and stir through the cream. Bring to a gentle simmer and allow to reduce a little.
- Get the peas and lemon zest in and stir though followed by the sun-dried tomatoes, and spinach.
- Gently ease into the sauce, until the spinach has wilted.
- Season well and add the contents of the pan to the drained pasta.
- Toss well and serve straight away.