A tasty treat from Wade Murphy.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Chill/Set Time: At least 1 hour
- 200 ml cooled espresso coffee
- 100 ml coffee liqueur – Tia Maria optional
- 135g condensed milk
- 380g mascarpone cheese
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- 10- 12 sponge finger biscuits
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder for dusting
- Toasted chopped hazelnuts and grated dark chocolate to finish
- Mix the espresso and Tia Maria (optional) together and pour into a shallow dish.
- Whisk the mascarpone, condensed milk and vanilla together until smooth and quiet thick and set aside. You can use an electric whisk to do this in order to make it easier.
- Take the sponge fingers and break them in half. Place them into the cooled coffee mix for a few seconds. (Do this a couple at a time or else they will go too soggy).
- Place the soaked sponge fingers into the bottom of each individual serving dish. Top with the whipped cream mix and gently tap on the counter in order to smooth them out.
- Place in the fridge for at least an hour in order to set.
- When ready to serve remove the dishes from the fridge and dust with the cocoa powder. Finish with the toasted hazelnuts and grated dark chocolate.